Saturday, January 7, 2012

A Time to Reflect: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (book)

I am currently finishing Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, the book I want to discuss some of the parts I missed when I last read this book 6 years ago.

I want to discuss the interpretation of Hermione in the book vs. in the movie. In the book J.K. Rowling clearly states that Hermione Granger is a know-it-all unfriendly nerd. She makes it seem that everything Hermione ever does or says revolves around school. She always wants to be the best at everything and if someone's better at something then she tries to be better. In the movie Hermione is a girl who is very nice and loves to help less worthy peers. Once Harry and Ron save her from the troll she is like the nicest person to them.

The movie missed:
~The Hogwarts song
~The Sorting Hat song
~Snape's enchantment on the Sorcerer's Stone

-Gabbie L.L. Mitchell <3

No comments:

Post a Comment